IBM WebSphere Message Broker message authentication bypass
|wmb-msg-auth-bypass (80666)||Medium Risk|
Basic Authentication is not checked before performing WS-Addressing and WS-Security processing, which can result in messages being sent to remote servers as part of this processing without the original message being authenticated at the transport level.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1623316: IBM WebSphere Message Broker Security Vulnerabilities Notification 1: (CVE-2012-5952, CVE-2012-5953, CVE-2013-0466).
- BID-57938: IBM WebSphere Message Broker Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5952: IBM WebSphere Message Broker 6.1 before 22.214.171.124, 7.0 before 126.96.36.199, and 8.0 before 188.8.131.52 does not validate Basic Authentication credentials before proceeding to WS-Addressing and WS-Security operations, which allows remote attackers to trigger transmission of unauthenticated messages via unspecified vectors.
- SA52176: IBM WebSphere Message Broker Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker 6.1
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker 7.0
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0
Feb 12, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.