eShare Expressions "dot dot" directory traversal
|expressions-dot-directory-traversal (8079)||Medium Risk|
eShare Expressions could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to traverse directories and view arbitrary files outside of the Web root directory.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 05 2002 - 00:18:42 CST: Viewing arbitrary file from the file system using Eshare Expressions 4 server.
- eShare Communications, Inc. Web site: Solutions > Online Communities > Expressions.
- BID-4029: eshare Expressions Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0233: Directory traversal vulnerability in eshare Expressions 4 Web server allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in an HTTP request.
- OSVDB ID: 8662: eshare Expressions Unspecified Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- eShare Communications eShare Expressions
Feb 04, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this