NetDSL-1000 Telnet denial of service
|netdsl-telnet-dos (8123)||Medium Risk|
The NetDSL-1000 series ADSL router is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can flood the Telnet port with long strings of data to cause the Telnet service to crash. The router would continue to function properly but the remote management console would be disabled. The router must be restarted to regain remote management functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 30 2006 - 07:51:27 CST: Arescom NetDSL-1000 DoS atack source.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Feb 09 2002 - 02:32:11 CST: Arescom NetDSL-1000 telnetd DoS.
- BID-4067: Arescom Net DSL 1000 telnet Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0256: The telnet port in Arescom NetDSL 1000 router allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a series of connections with long strings, which causes a large number of login failures and causes the telnet service to stop.
- OSVDB ID: 8663: Arescom NetDSL 1000 Telnet DoS
- ARESCOM NetDSL ADSL Router 1000 Series
Feb 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this