Book module printer friendly version for Drupal title security bypass
|drupal-book-title-security-bypass (81380)||Medium Risk|
Book module printer friendly version for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote attacker having 'access printer-friendly version' permission could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions to view title and content of restricted nodes and gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable application.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2013-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Web Site: Drupal.
- DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2013-001: Drupal core - Multiple vulnerabilities.
- BID-54737: Puppet Certificate IP Address Host Impersonation Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0245: The printer friendly version functionality in the Book module in Drupal 6.x before 6.28 and 7.x before 7.19 does not properly restrict access to node that are part of a book outline, which allows remote authenticated users with the access printer-friendly version permission to read node titles and possibly node content via unspecified vectors.
- DSA-2776: drupal6 -- several vulnerabilities
- SA51717: Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Drupal 6.27
- Drupal Drupal 7.18
Jan 16, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.