IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway file manipulation
|sterling-b2b-cve20130479 (81547)||Medium Risk|
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway is vulnerable to file type or extension manipulation, which could cause improper handling of the file.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1640830 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1640830: Vulnerabilities in IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway.
- BID-60997: IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and Sterling File Gateway CVE-2013-0479 Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0479: IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1 and 5.2 and Sterling File Gateway 2.1 and 2.2 do not properly restrict file types and extensions, which allows remote authenticated users to bypass intended access restrictions via a crafted filename.
- IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.0
- IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1
- IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.2
- IBM Sterling File Gateway 2.0
- IBM Sterling File Gateway 2.1
- IBM Sterling File Gateway 2.2
Jul 01, 2013
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.