MakeBid Auction description field allows cross-site scripting
|makebid-description-xss (8161)||High Risk|
MakeBid Auction is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker can embed malicious code in the description fields of an auction item, which would be executed when another user views the item. The attacker could use this vulnerability to obtain the user's cookie-based authentication information, which is stored in plaintext.
Apply the latest patch for MakeBid Auction, available for registered users from the USANet Creations Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Feb 09 2002 - 11:02:36 CST: Account theft vulnerability in MakeBid Auction Deluxe 3.30.
- USANet Creations Web site: Software Security Update/Fix.
- USANet Creations Web site: Fix/Upgrades.
- BID-4069: MakeBid Auction Deluxe Cross-Agent Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-4070: MakeBid Auction Deluxe Plaintext Cookie Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0257: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in auction.pl of MakeBid Auction Deluxe 3.30 allows remote attackers to obtain information from other users via the form fields (1) TITLE, (2) DESCTIT, (3) DESC, (4) searchstring, (5) ALIAS, (6) EMAIL, (7) ADDRESS1, (8) ADDRESS2, (9) ADDRESS3, (10) PHONE1, (11) PHONE2, (12) PHONE3, or (13) PHONE4.
- OSVDB ID: 9286: MakeBid Auction Deluxe auction.pl Multiple Parameter XSS
- USANet Creations MakeBid Auction Deluxe 3.30
Feb 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this