MiniPortal FTP login buffer overflow
|miniportal-ftp-login-bo (8172)||High Risk|
MiniPortal is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By supplying a large string containing 4093 bytes or more at login, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of MiniPortal (1.1.6 or later), available from the InstantServers Download Web site. See References.
- InstantServers Download Web site: Downloads.
- Strumpf Noir Society Advisory - February 9, 2002: InstantServers MiniPortal Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-4073: InstantServers MiniPortal FTP Login Remote Buffer Overlow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0260: Buffer overflow in InstantServers MiniPortal 1.1.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long login name, which is not properly handled by the logging utility.
- OSVDB ID: 14339: InstantServers MiniPortal Logging Utility Login Name Overflow
- InstantServers MiniPortal 1.1.5
Feb 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this