Sawmill creates AdminPassword file with insecure default permissions
|sawmill-admin-password-insecure (8173)||Medium Risk|
Sawmill stores the AdminPassword with world-readable and world-writeable permissions. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overwrite or delete the AdminPassword file or use it to gain unauthorized access to Sawmill pages.
Upgrade to the latest version of Sawmill (6.2.15 or later), available from the Sawmill Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 11 2002 - 14:27:26 CST: Vulnerability in Sawmill for Solaris v. 6.2.14.
- Sawmill Web site: Sawmill Version History.
- Sawmill Web site: Welcome to Sawmill.
- BID-4077: Sawmill AdminPassword Insecure Default Permissions Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0265: Sawmill for Solaris 6.2.14 and earlier creates the AdminPassword file with world-writable permissions, which allows local users to gain privileges by modifying the file.
- OSVDB ID: 2044: Sawmill AdminPassword Insecure Default Permissions
- Flowerfire Sawmill 6.2.14
Feb 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this