Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager domain tool information disclosure
|enterprise-domain-tool-info-disc (81833)||Low Risk|
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager could allow a local attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the logging of admin passwords in a world-readable file when the domain management tool is run with the validate action. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain passwords and other sensitive information.
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 905865: CVE-2012-6115 rhev: rhevm-manage-domains logs admin passwords.
- BID-57749: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager CVE-2012-6115 Local Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-6115: The domain management tool (rhevm-manage-domains) in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager (RHEV-M) 3.1 and earlier, when the validate action is enabled, logs the administrative password to a world-readable log file, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading this file.
- RHSA-2013-0211: Moderate: rhevm 3.1.2 security and bug fix update
- RedHat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.1
- RedHat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1 Itanium
Feb 04, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.