Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress URL and Image parameters cross-site scripting
|responsivelogoslideshow-url-image-xss (82164)||Medium Risk|
Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the URL and Image parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 18 2013 - 11:24:58 CST: Reflective/Stored XSS in Responsive Logo Slideshow Plugin Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability.
- Packet Storm Security [02-18-2013]: WordPress Responsive Logo Slideshow Cross Site Scripting.
- Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress Web site: Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress.
- BID-58013: WordPress Responsive Logo Slideshow Plugin Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-1759: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the URL and Image field.
- WordPress Responsive Logo Slideshow plugin for WordPress
- WordPress WordPress
Feb 18, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this