IBM WebSphere Commerce information disclosure
|was-commerce-cve20130523-info-disclosure (82541)||Medium Risk|
A vulnerability regarding weak encryption in IBM WebSphere Commerce could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker may be able to exploit this vulnerability to obtain a user's personal data.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1640597 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1640597: WebSphere Commerce vulnerability could allow disclosure of user personal data (CVE-2013-0523).
- BID-60596: IBM WebSphere Commerce Enterprise CVE-2013-0523 Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0523: IBM WebSphere Commerce Enterprise 5.6.x through 22.214.171.124, 6.0.x through 126.96.36.199, and 7.0.x through 188.8.131.52 does not use a suitable encryption algorithm for storefront web requests, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via a padding oracle attack that targets certain UTF-8 processing of the krypto parameter, and leverages unspecified browser access or traffic-log access.
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 5.6.0
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 5.6.1
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 6.0
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 7.0
Jun 14, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.