XMB PHP message board cross-site scripting
|xmb-php-xss (8262)||Medium Risk|
Note: Several more cross-site scripting vulnerabilities also exist in XMB regarding the member variable in the member.php script, the MSN information field in the user profile, and hexadecimal URL encoded '<script>' tags.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:00:58 CST: XMB cross-scripting vulnerability.
- Vuln-Dev Mailing List, 2002-05-11 13:49:06: Security holes : XMB Magic Lantern forum & DevBB.
- XMB Web site: XMB.
- BID-4167: XMB Image Tag Script Injection Vulnerability
- BID-4721: XMB Forum 1.6 Magic Lantern Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2002-0316: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in eXtreme message board (XMB) 1.6x and earlier allows remote attackers to execute script as other XMB users by inserting the script into an IMG tag.
- OSVDB ID: 8874: XMB BBCode IMG Tag XSS
- Aventure Media United Kingdom XMB 1.6x
Feb 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this