IBM Lotus iNotes DOM-based cross-site scripting
|inotes-webmail-xss (82655)||Medium Risk|
Sametime Links is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Lotus iNotes webmail interface. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the webmail interface for logged-in users, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1633620 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1633620: Vulnerability in Sametime Links (CVE-2013-0533).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1634752: Fix available for potential security vulnerability in IBM Sametime Links server.
- CVE-2013-0533: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Sametime Links server in IBM Sametime 8.0.2 through 188.8.131.52 allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- SA53215: IBM Lotus Sametime Links Toolkit Chat Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- IBM Sametime Links 8.0.2
- IBM Sametime Links 8.5
- IBM Sametime Links 8.5.1
- IBM Sametime Links 184.108.40.206
- IBM Sametime Links 220.127.116.11
- IBM Sametime Links 8.5.2
- IBM Sametime Links 18.104.22.168
Apr 22, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.