IBM Sametime Meeting Center multiple cross-site scripting
|sametime-meeting-multiple-xss (82657)||Medium Risk|
IBM Classic Sametime Meetings Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1635185 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1635185: Vulnerability in Classic Sametime Meetings Server (CVE-2013-0535).
- BID-59597: IBM Sametime Classic Meeting Server CVE-2013-0535 Unspecified Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0535: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Classic Meeting Server in IBM Sametime 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168 allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- SA53243: IBM Sametime Classic Meeting Server Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 22.214.171.124
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 8.0.1
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 8.0.2
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 8.5
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 126.96.36.199
- IBM Classic Meeting Server 188.8.131.52
Apr 29, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.