Gator ActiveX control allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code
|gator-activex-install (8266)||High Risk|
Gator could allow a malicious Web site operator to download and execute arbitrary code on a visiting user's computer by specifying the path for the 'setup.ex_' file on a custom Web page.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 20 2002 - 16:30:19 CST: Gator installer Plugin allows any software to be installed.
- BID-4161: Gator Insecure ActiveX Control Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0317: Gator ActiveX component (IEGator.dll) 188.8.131.52 allows remote web sites to install arbitrary software by specifying a Trojan Gator installation file (setup.ex_) in the src parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 10982: Gator IEGator.dll ActiveX Component src Parameter Arbitrary Program Installation
- Gator Corporation Gator 184.108.40.206
Feb 20, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this