OpenBB [IMG] tag cross-site scripting
|openbb-img-xss (8278)||Medium Risk|
An attacker could also exploit cross-site scripting vulnerabilities using OpenBB by creating a malicious URL link containing embedded script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser in the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
Apply the codeparse.php patch, as listed in the Open Bulletin Board Announcements Forum message dated 25-02-02 22:05:43. See References.
- Open Bulletin Board Announcements Forum 25-02-02 22:05:43: Important Security Fix.
- Vuln-Dev Mailing List, 2002-05-23 19:31:05: Security holes in OpenBB.
- BID-4171: OpenBB Image Tag Cross-Agent Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-4819: OpenBB BBCode Cross Agent HTML Injection Vulnerability
- BID-4824: OpenBB Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1829: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in codeparse.php in Open Bulletin Board (OpenBB) 1.0.0 RC3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) myhome.php, (2) an onerror attribute in an IMG tag (a variant of CVE-2002-0330), or (3) a glow tag.
- OSVDB ID: 5320: OpenBB codeparse.php Multiple Method XSS
- OSVDB ID: 5658: OpenBB [IMG] and [glow] Tag XSS
- Iansoft Enterprises OpenBB 1.0.0 RC3
Feb 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this