KMail message body denial of service
|kmail-message-body-dos (8283)||Medium Risk|
KMail client version 1.2 running on K Desktop Environment (KDE) version 2.1.1 is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can send an email with a message body containing 55KB to cause the Kmail client to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 17, 2010.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 26 2002 - 15:19:21 CST: BUG: Kmail client DoS.
- BID-4177: KMail Client Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0342: Kmail 1.2 on KDE 2.1.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an email message whose body is approximately 55 K long.
- OSVDB ID: 12994: KDE Kmail E-mail Long Body DoS
- Daniel Naber KDE Kmail 1.2
- KDE K Desktop Environment (KDE) 2.1.1
Feb 26, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this