Ecartis mystring.c buffer overflow
|ecartis-mystring-bo (8284)||High Risk|
Ecartis (formerly Listar) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in mystring.c. A remote attacker can issue a specially-crafted From header to overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with "Listar" user privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ecartis (1.0.0-snapshot 20020125 or later), available from the Ecartis Web site. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (potato):
Upgrade to the latest version of listar (0.129a-2.potato1 or later), as listed in DSA-123-1. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Mar 10 2002 - 17:57:33 CST: Ecartis/Listar multiple vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Apr 24 2002 - 20:56:01 CDT: ecartis / listar PoC.
- Ecartis Web site: FTP site.
- Listar-Announce Mailing List, 2002-02-24 4:55:02: [Ecartis] Security issue with Ecartis/Listar - Please Upgrade..
- BID-4176: Ecartis/Listar Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0467: Buffer overflows in Ecartis (formerly Listar) 1.0.0 before snapshot 20020125 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via (1) address_match() of mystring.c or (2) other functions in tolist.c.
- DSA-123: listar -- remote exploit
- OSVDB ID: 9800: Ecartis Header Comparison Multiple Function Remote Overflow
- Debian Debian Linux 2.2
- Ecartis Ecartis prior to 1.0.0
- Noderunner Computing Listar
Feb 24, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this