IBM Sametime clients commands
|ibm-sametime-commands (82915)||Medium Risk|
Description:IBM Sametime clients could allow a remote attacker to send commands in a specially-crafted way in a Sametime IM chat to a user or chat rooms to all the chat room participants.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1633618 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1628657: Fix available for potential security vulnerability in IBM Sametime Advanced.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1632785: Fix available for a critical security vulnerability in Sametime Connect Client 8.5.x.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1633618: Vulnerability in Sametime Connect Clients and in Sametime Advanced Server (CVE-2013-0553).
- CVE-2013-0553: The client implementation in IBM Sametime 8.5.1 through 220.127.116.11, as used in Sametime Connect client, Sametime Advanced Connect client, Sametime Advanced Web client, and other products, allows remote authenticated users to send commands to individual chat users, or to all participants in a chat room, via a crafted Sametime Instant Message (IM).
- SA53229: IBM Lotus Sametime Instant Messages Security Bypass Vulnerability
- IBM Sametime 8.5.1
- IBM Sametime 18.104.22.168
- IBM Sametime 8.5.2
- IBM Sametime 22.214.171.124
Apr 22, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.