BadBlue URL link cross-site scripting
|badblue-url-xss (8294)||Medium Risk|
BadBlue is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within a URL link to an affected Bad Blue server, which would execute in the victim's Web browser once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to gain administrative access on the BadBlue server or gain control of any computers performing searches on the BadBlue network.
Note: This vulnerability also affects Deerfield.com's D2Gfx client version 1.0.2.
Upgrade to the latest version of BadBlue (1.6.1 Beta or later), available from the BadBlue Web site. See References.
Note: Users should disable scripting when running BadBlue.
- BadBlue Web site: Download BadBlue Personal Edition (PE).
- Deefield Web site: D2Gfx 1.0.2.
- Strumpf Noir Society Advisory - February 26, 2002: BadBlue XSS vulnerabilities / Filesharing Server Worm.
- BID-4180: Working Resources BadBlue Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 8607: Deerfield D2Gfx Server XSS
- OSVDB ID: 8608: BadBlue Server URI XSS
- Deerfield.com D2Gfx 1.0.2
- Working Resources BadBlue Enterprise Edition 1.5.x
- Working Resources BadBlue Personal Edition 1.5.6 beta
Feb 26, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this