Worldgroup FTP server long LIST buffer overflow
|worldgroup-ftp-list-bo (8297)||Low Risk|
Worldgroup is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the built-in FTP server caused by a buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted LIST command, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and cause the FTP server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:15:54 CST: LBYTE&SECURITY.NNOV: Buffer overflows in Worldgroup.
- Galacticomm Technologies Web site: Galacticomm \ NetVillage (Home Page).
- BID-4185: Galacticomm Worldgroup Remote FTP Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0336: Buffer overflow in Galacticomm Worldgroup FTP server 3.20 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service, and possibly execute arbitrary code, via a LIST command containing a large number of / (slash), * (wildcard), and .. characters.
- OSVDB ID: 14408: Galacticomm Worldgroup FTP Server Malformed LIST Command Overflow
- Galacticomm Technologies Worldgroup 3.x
Feb 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this