Worldgroup Web server long GET request buffer overflow
|worldgroup-http-get-bo (8298)||Low Risk|
Worldgroup is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the built-in Web server caused by a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long GET request, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and cause the Web server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:15:54 CST: LBYTE&SECURITY.NNOV: Buffer overflows in Worldgroup.
- Galacticomm Technologies Web site: Galacticomm \ NetVillage (Home Page).
- BID-4186: Galacticomm Worldgroup Remote Web Server Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0335: Buffer overflow in Galacticomm Worldgroup web server 3.20 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service, and possibly execute arbitrary code, via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 14407: Galacticomm Worldgroup Web Server HTTP GET Request Overflow
- Galacticomm Technologies Worldgroup 3.x
Feb 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this