OpenStack PackStack answer file information disclosure
|packstack-answerfile-information-disclosure (83017)||Low Risk|
OpenStack PackStack could allow a local attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by insecure permissions being set on the answer file by the run_setup.py. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain access to a world-readable file to obtain deployment configuration details and other sensitive information.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the PackStack GIT Repository Web site. See References.
- OpenStack Code Review Web Site: Change I7348edd3: Set secure modes on answer file as its being created.
- PackStack GIT Repository Web Site: PackStack GIT Repository.
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 917904: CVE-2013-1815 OpenStack packstack: answerfile creation permissions issue.
- BID-58637: OpenStack PackStack CVE-2013-1815 Insecure File Creation Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-1815: PackStack 2012.2.3 in Red Hat OpenStack Essex and Folsom can create the answer file in insecure directories such as /tmp or the current working directory, which allows local users to modify deployed systems by changing this file.
- OpenStack PackStack 2012.2.2
Mar 21, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.