Commons Groups module for Drupal groups security bypass
|drupal-commons-groups-security-bypass (83133)||Medium Risk|
Commons Groups module for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by failure to restrict access to groups. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions to post content in restricted groups and gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable application.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2013-038 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Commons Groups module for Drupal Web Site: Commons Groups module for Drupal.
- SA-CONTRIB-2013-038: Commons Groups - Access bypass & Privilege escalation.
- BID-58759: Drupal Commons Groups Privilege Escalation and Access Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-1907: The Commons Group module before 7.x-3.1 for Drupal, as used in the Commons module before 7.x-3.1, does not properly restrict access to groups, which allows remote attackers to post arbitrary content to groups via unspecified vectors.
- SA52769: Drupal Commons Groups Module Security Bypass Security Issue
- SA52795: Drupal Commons Module Two Security Bypass Security Issues
- Drupal Commons Groups module for Drupal 7.x-3.0
- Drupal Drupal
Mar 27, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.