IBM WebSphere Commerce Tools pages cross-site scripting
|was-commerce-cve20130566-xss (83139)||Medium Risk|
IBM WebSphere Commerce Tools is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple JSP scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1647750 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1647750: Potential cross-site scripting vulnerability related to WebSphere Commerce Tools pages (CVE-2013-0566).
- BID-61988: IBM WebSphere Commerce CVE-2013-0566 Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-0566: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the (1) Accelerator JSPs, (2) Organization Administration Console JSPs, and (3) Administration Console JSPs in WebSphere Commerce Tools in IBM WebSphere Commerce 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 96612: IBM WebSphere Commerce Accelerator Unspecified Reflected XSS
- OSVDB ID: 96613: IBM WebSphere Commerce Organization Administration Console Unspecified Reflected XSS
- OSVDB ID: 96614: IBM WebSphere Commerce Administration Console Unspecified Reflected XSS
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 5.6.1
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 6.0
- IBM WebSphere Commerce 7.0
Aug 23, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.