WP FuneralPress plugin for WordPress index.php cross-site scripting
|wpfuneralpress-index-xss (83188)||Medium Risk|
WP FuneralPress plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the message, photo-message and youtube-message fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Full-disclosure Mailing List, Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:56:05 +1300: WP FuneralPress - Stored XSS in Guestbook.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-02-2013]: Wordpress FuneralPress Plugin 1.1.6 - Persistent XSS.
- Packet Storm Security [04-02-2013]: WordPress FuneralPress 1.1.6 Cross Site Scripting.
- WP FuneralPress plugin for WordPress Web site: Funeral Press | A Wordpress Obituary Plugin for Funeral Homes and Cemeteries.
- BID-58790: WordPress FuneralPress Plugin Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-3529: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in user/obits.php in the WP FuneralPress plugin before 1.1.7 for WordPress allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) message, (2) photo-message, or (3) youtube-message parameter.
- SA52809: WordPress WP FuneralPress Plugin Multiple Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- WordPress WordPress
- WordPress WP FuneralPress plugin for WordPress 1.1.6
Apr 01, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.