RealNetworks RealPlayer for Windows invalid .mp3 file denial of service
|realplayer-mp3-invalid-dos (8320)||Medium Risk|
RealNetworks RealPlayer is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can append a .mp3 file extension to a malicious file to consume 100% of the CPU resources when RealPlayer attempts to open the malicious file, causing the system to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- NtWaK0 Advisory 28-02-2002: 2K, with RealPlayer Installed 100 % CPU utilization.
- BID-4200: Real Networks Realplayer 8 CPU Utilization Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0337: RealPlayer 8 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU utilization) via malformed .mp3 files.
- OSVDB ID: 14397: RealPlayer Malformed .mp3 CPU Exhaustion DoS
- Real RealPlayer 8.0 Win32
Feb 28, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this