Cobalt RaQ service.cgi long parameter denial of service
|cobalt-raq-service-dos (8323)||Medium Risk|
The Sun Cobalt RaQ 4 Web server appliance is vulnerable to a denial of service attack caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the service.cgi script. If a remote attacker sends a URL request containing an overly long argument to the service.cgi script, the attacker can cause the Web server to crash. The Web server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 01 2002 - 05:20:39 CST: Re: Colbalt-RAQ-v4-Bugs&Vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 28 2002 - 08:33:17 CST: Colbalt-RAQ-v4-Bugs&Vulnerabilities.
- Cobalt Web site: Sun Cobalt - Sun Cobalt RaQ Server Appliances.
- BID-4209: Sun Cobalt RaQ Service.CGI HTTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerablity
- CVE-2002-0348: service.cgi in Cobalt RAQ 4 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service, and possibly execute arbitrary code, via a long service argument.
- OSVDB ID: 14400: Cobalt RAQ service.cgi service Argument Overflow
- Sun Cobalt RaQ 4
Feb 28, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this