HP Procurve port scan Telnet denial of service
|hp-procurve-portscan-dos (8329)||Medium Risk|
HP Procurve 4000M switches are vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could perform a port scan on the switch's management IP address to cause the Telnet service to stop accepting connections.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:45:52 CST: DoS on HP ProCurve 4000M switch (possibly others).
- BID-4212: HP ProCurve Switch Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0350: HP Procurve Switch 4000M running firmware C.08.22 and C.09.09 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a port scan of the management IP address, which disables the telnet service.
- OSVDB ID: 10863: HP ProCurve 4000M Switch Management IP Portscan DoS
- HP ProCurve Switch 4000M C.08.22
- HP ProCurve Switch 4000M C.09.09
Feb 28, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this