SPHEREserver client connections denial of service
|sphereserver-connections-dos (8338)||Medium Risk|
SPHEREserver is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can log on to the server with multiple client connections using Telnet until the client connections reaches the maximum, which would prevent other users from connecting to the server.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Mar 02 2002 - 09:12:43 CST: Denial of Service in Sphereserver.
- Meanasoft Web site: SPHEREserver.
- BID-4258: Menasoft SPHEREserver .99 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0406: Menasoft SPHERE server 0.99x and 0.5x allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service by establishing a large number of connections to the server without providing login credentials, which prevents other users from being able to log in.
- OSVDB ID: 5305: Menasoft SPHERE Connection Saturation DoS
- MenaSoft SPHEREserver 0.55x
- MenaSoft SPHEREserver 0.99x
Mar 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this