IBM iNotes multiple cross-site scripting
|inotes-cve20130595-xss (83431)||Medium Risk|
IBM iNotes is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by. A remote unauthenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1647740: IBM iNotes vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-0590, CVE-2013-0591, CVE-2013-0595).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1656608: IBM iNotes Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2013-0595).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1671981: IBM iNotes Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2014-0913).
- BID-61996: IBM Lotus iNotes CVE-2013-0595 Multiple Unspecified Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-0595: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in iNotes 8.5.x in IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 before 8.5.3 FP5 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, aka SPR PTHN95XNR3.
- OSVDB ID: 96610: IBM iNotes Unspecified XSS (2013-0595 #1)
- OSVDB ID: 96611: IBM iNotes Unspecified XSS (2013-0595 #2)
- IBM iNotes 8.5
- IBM iNotes 8.5.1
- IBM iNotes 8.5.2
- IBM iNotes 8.5.3
- IBM iNotes 22.214.171.124
- IBM iNotes 9.0
- IBM iNotes 9.0.1
Aug 23, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.