IBM Rational ClearQuest Web Client cross-site request forgery
|ibm-clearquest-cve20130598-csrf (83611)||Medium Risk|
IBM Rational ClearQuest Web Client is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1648665 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1648665: Vulnerability in IBM Rational ClearQuest Web Client with potential for Cross-Site Request Forgery (CVE-2013-0598).
- CVE-2013-0598: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the Web Client in IBM Rational ClearQuest 7.1 before 22.214.171.124, 8.0 before 126.96.36.199, and 8.0.1 before 188.8.131.52 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of arbitrary users.
- IBM Rational ClearQuest 7.1
- IBM Rational ClearQuest 184.108.40.206
- IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0
- IBM Rational ClearQuest 220.127.116.11
- IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.1
Apr 04, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.