IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender Launcher denial of service
|ibm-websphere-cve20132962-dos (83722)||Medium Risk|
WebSphere Transformation Extender Launcher is vulnerable to a denial of service attack whereby a local unauthorized user could crash the Launcher process, or prohibit Launcher Admin Console operational commands from reaching the Launcher by causing a buffer overflow. While this exploit could impact availability of the Launcher, the integrity of the data and the confidentiality of information are not compromised.
Denial of Service
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1662870 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1662870: Multiple security vulnerabilities exist in WebSphere Transformation Extender (CVE-2013-5802 CVE-2013-4002 CVE-2013-5825 CVE-2013-5372 CVE-2013-0599 CVE-2013-0464 CVE-2013-0467 CVE-2013-2962 CVE-2013-2415).
- BID-65365: IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender CVE-2013-2962 Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-2962: Buffer overflow in the Launcher in IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender 8.4.x before 18.104.22.168 allows local users to cause a denial of service (process crash or Admin Console command-stream outage) via unspecified vectors.
- SA56751: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager Java Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender for Luncher Hypervisor
- IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender with Launcher
Feb 05, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.