IBM iNotes cross-site scripting
|inotes-cve20130590-xss (83814)||Low Risk|
IBM iNotes is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to inject and execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1647740 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1647740: IBM iNotes vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-0590, CVE-2013-0591, CVE-2013-0595).
- BID-61991: IBM Lotus iNotes CVE-2013-0590 Unspecified Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-0590: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in iNotes 8.5.x in IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 before 8.5.3 FP5 allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, aka SPR PTHN95XNR3, a different vulnerability than CVE-2013-0591.
- OSVDB ID: 96608: IBM iNotes Unspecified XSS (2013-0590)
- IBM iNotes 8.5
- IBM iNotes 8.5.1
- IBM iNotes 8.5.2
- IBM iNotes 8.5.3
Aug 23, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.