PureTLS could allow injection attacks
|puretls-injection-attack (8386)||Medium Risk|
PureTLS is vulnerable to injection attacks that could possibly allow a remote attacker to eavesdrop on or take over a protected communication session.
Upgrade to the latest version of PureTLS (0.9b2 or later), available from the PureTLS Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Mar 05 2002 - 18:28:00 CST: PureTLS Security Announcement: Upgrade to 0.9b2.
- PureTLS Web site: Claymore PureTLS.
- BID-4237: Claymore PureTLS Injection Attack Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0420: Vulnerability in PureTLS before 0.9b2 related to injection attacks, which could possibly allow remote attackers to corrupt or hijack user sessions.
- OSVDB ID: 6292: PureTLS Session Corruption and Hijacking
- Claymore Systems PureTLS 0.9b1
Mar 05, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this