Roundup CVE-2012-6130 username parameter cross-site scripting
|roundup-cve20126130-username-xss (84189)||Medium Risk|
Roundup is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the history display page. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the username parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Roundup (1.4.20 or later), available from the Roundup Web site. See References.
- oss-sec mailing list, Wed, 13 Feb 2013 03:02:05 -0700: Re: CVE Request -- roundup: Multiple XSS flaws plus other security related fixes corrected in upstream 1.4.20 version.
- Roundup Tracker Web Site: Properly escape username in history display.
- Roundup Web Site: Roundup.
- BID-56480: Roundup Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-6130: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the history display in Roundup before 1.4.20 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a username, related to generating a link.
- Roundup Roundup 1.4.19
Feb 13, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.