Xerver multiple "C:/" requests denial of service
|xerver-multiple-request-dos (8419)||Medium Risk|
Xerver is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can connect to port 32123 and send multiple requests containing 'C:/' to cause the Web server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Xerver (2.20 or later), available from the Xerver Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:39:39 CST: Xerver-2.10-File-Disclousure&DoS-attack.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Mar 12 2002 - 23:55:42 CST: Xerver Free Web Server 2.10 file Disclosure & DoS PATCH (update version).
- Xerver Web site: Xerver - Your FREE web Server!.
- BID-4254: Xerver Multiple Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0448: Xerver Free Web Server 2.10 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an HTTP request that contains many C:/ sequences.
- OSVDB ID: 6772: Xerver Free Web Server Crafted C:/ Request Remote DoS
- Omid Rouhani Xerver 2.10
Mar 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this