XTux server random character denial of service
|xtux-server-dos (8422)||Medium Risk|
Xtux is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could connect to the Xtux server using Telnet and send random data to cause the server to become unresponsive.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Mar 09 2002 - 16:53:32 CST: xtux server DoS..
- SourceForge.net: SourceForge: Project Info - XTux.
- SourceForge.net: XTux homepage.
- BID-4260: XTux Server Garbage Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0431: XTux allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via random inputs in the initial connection.
- OSVDB ID: 2303: XTux Initial Connection Malformed Input Remote DoS
- Dave Lawrence XTux 20010601
Mar 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this