ZyXEL ZyWALL 10 malformed ARP packet denial of service
|zyxel-zywall10-arp-dos (8436)||Medium Risk|
ZyWALL is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a malformed ARP packet with an invalid MAC address and the IP address of the device to cause the device to drop the LAN connection. The device must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest firmware version of ZyWALL 10 (V3.50(WA.2) or later), available from the ZyXEL Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 11 2002 - 05:21:56 CST: ZyXEL ZyWALL10 DoS.
- ZyXEL Web site: ZyXEL - Support.
- BID-4272: Zyxel Zywall10 Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0438: ZyXEL ZyWALL 10 before 3.50 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via an ARP packet with the firewall's IP address and an incorrect MAC address, which causes the firewall to disable the LAN interface.
- OSVDB ID: 9981: ZyXEL ZyWALL Malformed ARP Packet DoS
- ZyXEL ZyWALL 10 prior to V3.50(WA.2)
Mar 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this