Ecartis local buffer overflows in moderate.c and lcgi.c
|ecartis-local-bo (8445)||High Risk|
Ecartis (formerly Listar) is vulnerable to local buffer overflows, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in moderate.c and lcgi.c. A local attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with "Listar" user privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ecartis (1.0.0-snapshot 20020125 or later), available from the Listar-Support Mailing List posting dated 2002-03-12 3:11:42. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Mar 10 2002 - 17:57:33 CST: Ecartis/Listar multiple vulnerabilities.
- Ecartis Web site: CHANGELOG.
- Listar-Support Mailing List, 2002-03-12 3:11:42: [ESupp] Re: Fwd: Ecartis/Listar multiple vulnerabilities.
- BID-4271: Ecartis/Listar Multiple Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2002-0468: Buffer overflows in Ecartis (formerly Listar) 1.0.0 in snapshot 20020427 and earlier allow local users to gain privileges via (1) a long command line argument, which is not properly handled in core.c, or possibly via bad uses of sprintf() in (2) moderate.c, (3) lcgi.c, (4) fileapi.c, (5) cookie.c, (6) codes.c, or other files.
- OSVDB ID: 10425: Ecartis Multiple Function Local Overflows
- Ecartis Ecartis prior to 1.0.0
Mar 10, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this