Red Hat Certificate System tus/ or /tus/tus/ cross-site scripting
|rhcs-cve20131885-xss (84477)||Medium Risk|
Red Hat Certificate System is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the specially-crafted /tus/ or /tus/tus/ URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to RHSA-2013:0856-1 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 923039: CVE-2013-1885 Certificate System: pki-tps XSS flaw.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 966190: pki-tps various flaws [epel-5].
- Red Hat Certificate System Web site: redhat.com | Certificate System.
- BID-60084: Red Hat Certificate System CVE-2013-1885 Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-1885: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the token processing system (pki-tps) in Red Hat Certificate System (RHCS) 8.1 and possibly Dogtag Certificate System 9 and 10 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the PATH_INFO to (1) tus/ or (2) tus/tus/.
- SA53524: Red Hat update for Red Hat Certificate System
- RedHat Certificate System 8.1
May 22, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.