Webform module for Drupal components label cross-site scripting
|drupal-webform-cve20132129-label-xss (84628)||Medium Risk|
Webform module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the e-mail and CSV file components label field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2013-050 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SA-CONTRIB-2013-050: Webform - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- Webform module for Drupal Web Site: Webform module for Drupal.
- BID-60218: Drupal Webform Module Components Label HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-2129: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Webform module 6.x-3.x before 6.x-3.19 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users with the edit own webform content or edit all webform content permissions to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a component label.
- SA53184: Drupal Webform Module Field Labels Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 6.x-3.18
May 29, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.