IBM InfoSphere Information Server HTML cross-site scripting
|infosphere-cve20133034-xss (84646)||Low Risk|
IBM InfoSphere Information Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to gain unauthorized access or collect sensitive information.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1646136 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1646136: Multiple security vulnerabilities exist in IBM InfoSphere Information Server (CVE-2013-0585, CVE-2013-3034, CVE-2013-3040).
- BID-61757: IBM InfoSphere Information Server CVE-2013-3034 Unspecified HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-3034: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in IBM InfoSphere Information Server through 8.5 FP3, 8.7 through FP2, and 9.1 allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors related to the web console.
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.5
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.7
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 9.1
Aug 09, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.