WinSSHD incomplete connections denial of service
|winsshd-incomplete-connection-dos (8470)||Medium Risk|
WinSSHD is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can send specially-crafted connection attempts to WinSSHD to terminate existing connections and block future connections.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of WinSSHD (build 2002-03-16 or later), available from the Bitvise Web site. See References.
- Bitvise Web site: bitvise/existing-users: Existing Users.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 18 2002 - 03:39:07 CST: KPMG-2002005: BitVise WinSSH Denial of Service.
- BID-4300: BitVise WinSSHD Numerous Connections DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0460: Bitvise WinSSHD before 2002-03-16 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (resource exhaustion) via a large number of incomplete connections that are not properly terminated, which are not properly freed by SSHd.
- OSVDB ID: 8039: Bitvise WinSSHD Incomplete Connection Saturation DoS
- Bitvise WinSSHD 1.1
Mar 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this