phpBB db.php script can be used to execute commands
|phpbb-db-command-execution (8476)||High Risk|
phpBB could allow a remote attacker to execute commands on the Web server. An attacker could use the db.php script to include external PHP scripts that could allow the attacker to execute any command on the server.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpBB 2.0 (RC4 or later), when it becomes available from SourceForge.net Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 18 2002 - 19:17:42 CST: Re: phpBB2 remote execution command (fwd).
- phpBB 2 development Forum: Potential security problem with all non-CVS versions.
- SourceForge.net: SourceForge: Detail: 531017 include external php scripts....
- SourceForge.net: SourceForge: Project Filelist.
- Vuln-Dev Mailing List, 2002-03-18 16:47:34: phpBB2 remote execution command.
- BID-4380: PHPBB2 phpbb_root_path Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0473: db.php in phBB 2.0 (aka phBB2) RC-3 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code from remote servers via the phpbb_root_path parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 4268: phpBB db.php Arbitrary Command Execution
- phpBB phpBB 2.0 RC-3
Mar 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this