IBM InfoSphere Information Server information disclosure
|infosphere-cve20133040-info-disclosure (84765)||Medium Risk|
A vulnerability in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server login mechanism could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. Failed login attempts separately identify invalid usernames and passwords enabling sequential brute force attempts to identify valid usernames and passwords.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1646136: Multiple security vulnerabilities exist in IBM InfoSphere Information Server (CVE-2013-0585, CVE-2013-3034, CVE-2013-3040).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1670298: Multiple security vulnerabilities exist in IBM InfoSphere Data Click 10.0 (CVE-2013-3034 CVE-2013-3040 CVE-2013-0599 CVE-2013-4057 CVE-2013-4058 CVE-2013-4059 CVE-2013-4066 CVE-2013-4067).
- BID-61755: IBM InfoSphere Information Server CVE-2013-3040 Username Enumeration Weakness
- CVE-2013-3040: IBM InfoSphere Information Server through 8.5 FP3, 8.7 through FP2, and 9.1 produces login-failure messages indicating whether the username or password is incorrect, which allows remote attackers to enumerate user accounts via a brute-force attack.
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 10
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.5
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.7
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 9.1
Aug 09, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.