PHP Net Toolpack traceroute allows remote attacker to execute commands
|phpnettoolpack-traceroute-command-execution (8482)||High Risk|
The traceroute program in PHP Net Toolpack does not properly filter metacharacters. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 18 2002 - 02:42:38 CST: PHP Net Toolpack: input validation error.
- BID-4303: PHPNetToolpack Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0471: PHPNetToolpack 0.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via shell metacharacters in the a_query variable.
- OSVDB ID: 12013: PHPNetToolpack a_query Variable Arbitrary Command Execution
- Samuli Tuomola PHP Net Toolpack 0.1 and prior
Mar 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this