PHP Net Toolpack traceroute uses insecure path
|phpnettoolpack-traceroute-insecure-path (8484)||High Risk|
The traceroute program in PHP Net Toolpack uses an insecure search path. A local attacker could create a malicious traceroute program containing arbitrary code, which would be executed on the system when the traceroute program is called.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 18 2002 - 02:42:38 CST: PHP Net Toolpack: input validation error.
- BID-4304: PHPNetToolpack Insecure Search Path Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0470: PHPNetToolpack 0.1 relies on its environment's PATH to find and execute the traceroute program, which could allow local users to gain privileges by inserting a Trojan horse program into the search path.
- OSVDB ID: 12012: PHPNetToolpack PATH Subversion Local Privilege Escalation
- Samuli Tuomola PHP Net Toolpack 0.1 and prior
Mar 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this