IBM Global Console Manager command execution
|gcm-cve20130526-command-exec (85367)||High Risk|
A vulnerability in IBM Global Console Manager related to certain Web application variables not being sanitized could allow a remote attacker with a valid user ID and password to execute commands on the system with root privileges.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin MIGR-5093509 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin MIGR-5093509: IBM GCM16 KVM Switch Remote Command Execution (CVE-2013-0526).
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [08-19-2013]: IBM 1754 GCM 184.108.40.20611 - Remote Command Execution.
- Packet Storm Security [08-16-2013]: IBM 1754 GCM16 220.127.116.1111 Command Execution.
- BID-61816: IBM 1754 GCM16 and GCM32 Global Console Managers Multiple Command Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-0526: ping.php in Global Console Manager 16 (GCM16) and Global Console Manager 32 (GCM32) before 18.104.22.16875 on the IBM Avocent 1754 KVM switch allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the (1) count or (2) size parameter.
- IBM 1754 GCM16 Global Console Manager 22.214.171.12411
- IBM 1754 GCM32 Global Console Manager 126.96.36.19911
Aug 15, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.