IBM AIX InfiniBand privilege escalation
|aix-cve20134011-priv-escalation (85617)||High Risk|
A vulnerability in IBM AIX InfiniBand could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the ibstat or .arp.ib command to run malicious code with privileged authority.
Refer to the IBM AIX SECURITY ADVISORY for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM SECURITY ADVISORY: Security Vulnerabilities in AIX InfiniBand.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-04-2014]: ibstat $PATH Privilege Escalation.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [09-24-2013]: IBM AIX 6.1 / 7.1 - Local root Privilege Escalation.
- Packet Storm Security [09-24-2013]: IBM AIX 6.1 / 7.1 Local Root Privilege Escalation.
- BID-61287: IBM AIX CVE-2013-4011 Multiple Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-4011: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in the InfiniBand subsystem in IBM AIX 6.1 and 7.1, and VIOS 188.8.131.52-FP-26 SP-02, allow local users to gain privileges via vectors involving (1) arp.ib or (2) ibstat.
- OSVDB ID: 95420: IBM AIX ibstat Command Local Privilege Escalation
- SA54215: IBM AIX InfiniBand Two Privilege Escalation Vulnerabilities
- IBM AIX 6.1
- IBM AIX 7.1
Jul 16, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.